Friday, January 28, 2011

Ugh, sorry!

I've been a bit busy. Not much sewing. Not much blogging. I did knock up a couple of drawstring bags for my little girlies. They returned to daycare this year in a new class (they've been kicked out of the babies room - are they really not babies anymore already? I guess so!) and I now need to send along sheets for them. I also found and sewed the finishing touches on my dress. It's crooked. D'oh! Gotta unpick it and do it again. Other than that, I'd been filling my time with work, housework, and caring for my girls. It'll be different now though. My work kindly advised me they have no further need of my services and made my role redundant. Oh well, more time for sewing. More time for blogging.

To celebrate, I've joined another sewing swap on Essential Baby. This one is for a kids outfit. I am sewing for a boy. A bit scary as I didn't even know where to start looking for patterns. Then I heard that Spotlight was having a 50% off sale on patterns. So I wandered on over there yesterday to find me one. Can I just say that the boys pattern section in most of those pattern books are ridiculously boring and disappointingly small. Seriously, have these people no creativity? I did finally find something. I felt a bit limited as some of the patterns called for fabric I've never worked with before and I'd rather not experiment too much for someone I don't know and who is hoping for something really lovely. Plus some of the patterns I liked said they were really difficult. Not sure if I'm ready for really difficult yet. Again, rather not use this as an experiment. So, I'm sticking with some elastic waist trousers (his mum asked for something that's easy to get up and down so the little guy can take himself off to the toilet without too much trouble) and a shirt. I'll do the trousers in some corduroy and will find a funky print of some kind for the shirt. Need to order me some fabric for the handbag I want to make, which I have found in stock at Fabric Shack so will find something to order along with it for my new little buddy.

And while we're on the topic of handbags, my lovely, lovely friend and I are going to have our own mini swap and make each other a bag. She's been bombarding me with pics of bags left, right, and centre that she's been finding patterns for on the net. Boy oh boy there are a lot out there. I'll need to settle on something and get started. I'm going to do it all stealthy like and just surprise her with it. No hints, no clues. This will also mean no revealing updates here 'cause she reads this blog! :D

So, a few things to keep me busy over the coming weeks as I get over the rejection of my workplace not wanting me anymore. What a great way to heal!

No comments:

Post a Comment