Thursday, January 6, 2011

He Must've Walked

The postman that is. The one who had my package from the Two Little Fairies fabric sale. It arrived on my doostep the morning of 29 Dec - just 4 days shy of taking a whole month to get to me from Melbourne. Yes, normally a 2 business day delivery - overnight if you are lucky, 3 days if you are a little unlucky. I had pretty much given up on it ever arriving but still kinda had a flame of hope that maybe, just maybe it would eventually turn up somewhere. Yay, it did and that somewhere was my house.

Here it is. Just a couple of things that were pretty and on sale. I LOVE on sale. The top right fabric I have decided to use to line a sunhat I have that is straw and not really sunblocking, the top left (Delilah - Antiquity by Michael Miller), I will probably use towards the bag I want to sew but I have almost 2 yards of that so I'll be able to do something else as well. The bottom 2 fabrics I might turn into long PJ bottoms for the girls for when the weather cools. I don't have enough for a full set of PJs so would then do probably a knit top to match. Unless of course I think of something else alltogether. It's very pretty fabric.



Here's the hat. The holes means the sun comes straight through so not the most practical of materials from which to construct a hat thats meant to shade you from the sun. It's Roxy, though, so I suspect the intent of the hat is more fashion accessory than sun safety device.


And here with lining cut out, ironed, and pinned. Just gotta sew it and then attach it to the hat. I think I need to alter it a little at the inside of the brim where your head goes through. I traced the hat for the outside edge and traced a bowl for the inside edge but have realised that it's actually not round but oval. Dang! Shame I thought of it AFTER I'd done all the cutting, pinning, and ironing. Not hard to fix, though, just requires time. I will eventually find(/steal) some of that. The sun seems to have hidden itself away again for a little while so there's no urgency. Plus, I have my other new hat.




No comments:

Post a Comment