Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A New Bag, Perhaps?

My very most favourite handbag was pinched when we were broken into. It was also my only casual-ish handbag. Actually, no, I have one other but it's really tiny so not an option when you need to carry a few more things or are doing a spot of shoping and know you'll want to stow items in your bag. I am REALLY missing my bag for its prettiness and I am REALLY missing my bag for its functionality. I had found my bag on a trip to NZ a few years ago. I was walking down the street when I spied it in a shop window. It literally stopped me dead in my tracks. I've seen a whole lot of nice bags in my time but none have elicited that response from me. I decided not to go out try to replace this bag on purpose but would just wait until I found another bag that shouted "Pick me! Pick me!".

Then yesterday I was reading the Hawthorn Threads blog and found on there a link to this bag from The DIY Dish website. It looks super easy and super lovely. It's done with just plain cotton but I'm sure you could add some light iron on interfacing if you wanted to make it slightly more hardy. Think I'll make one for myself. Now I just need to choose some fabric.

Perhaps something from the Antiquity collection by Michael Miller (the Delilah in purple is one of my missing fabrics from Two Little Fairies - did I mention how sad I am that it has never shown up?). Or maybe a lovely Echino fabric. These Lecien fabrics are also very nice. Ooooh, I like these and these and these and these and these and these and these and that's just looking through the "Coming Soon" section of the Hawthorn Threads website and only halfway through the "New Arrivals" section. And H awthorn Threads don't necessarily even stock these full collections so there's more to be seen/acquired even. Oh dear, how am I ever to choose?

Oh, and can I just add, I am musing over the new Melly & Me Little Menagerie fabric from Windham fabrics. It's really sweet. I'm throwing around some project ideas in my head for something I can do with it for the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment