Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Ready and Waiting

The dresses are done. Now we just need Christmas Day. Here they are looking all pretty on their hangers. The front of the orange dress and the back of the white one. I'm quite pleased with how they have turned out. The ribbon is sitting a bit funny at the front on the white dress but I tried it on D and it sits fine when it's on and done up so all good. I think it's just all the gathers that pulls it in a funny direction when it's on the hanger. Yay!



I tried to get some photos of it on D but she wouldn't co-operate. She had been turning around in circles showing me how pretty she was but when I said I want to take a picture she threw herself on the ground and started crying. Then she decided to wipe her now snotty face on her pretty new dress so I distracted her with the flowers on it. That did the trick to get her to sit still long enough for me to snap something.

Immediately following this she up and ran away. So, that will have to suffice until Christmas Day.

I must say, with no zippers or buttons or anything, it's a slightly tricky dress to get back off. More tears from D, who was (as I had discovered earlier with the photo taking caper) a little on the grumpy side, but I worked it out eventually.
Oh, and if anyone is wondering, the fabric for both dresses is Moda fabric by Me and My Sister Designs. The orange one is Overly Orange Uppsy Daisy from their Spring Fever range and the white one is Bright Black from their Happy range. I LOVE the fabrics these ladies do. I want to buy some of all of it!


4 comments:

  1. They are lovely, you should be very proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are very cute! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are very beautiful, well done! Will pop back after Christmas day to see your little poppets in their dresses. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete