Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Two Pillowcase Dresses and Half a Hat

Ooops, I started this post almost a week ago but never got it completed. I had spent the weekend before last plodding away at some pillowcase dresses. Initially I made this first one from an online tutorial I found. It's cute but wasn't what I was looking for so I wrapped it up with a box of crayons and stuck it under the Christmas tree at the girls' daycare. Pressies were being donated to the local woman's refuge. Hopefully whoever receives it likes it and hopefully it fits. The "categories" they had given for pressies was for little girls 0-3, which is rather a large bracket so I wrote 18mths-2yrs on the label in the hopes that it makes it's way to someone that is not already too large for it. That being said, it did fit my girls (tried it quickly) and even though they are 19mths they are almost the size of your average 3 year old so maybe it'll be okay. And if it goes to a younger child, well, next year.



Then I looked at pics of finished ones I liked on the net and watched some youtube tutorials and then I came up with this. It still needs it's ribbon so kinda just looks like a square with it's corners cut off at the moment. I think I'd like a nice lime green. A trip to Spotlight is in order. Just not sure when I'll get there. Maybe not til Friday. I'll get some nice ribbon for the blue one I want to make as well. Hope it looks nice when it is actually all finished. And on one of the girls.

I did it with French seams and everything. Oh, how I love youtube tutorials.

It was the 2nd last lesson of my sewing course last Monday. I started working on a hat. A Lazy Day sunhat. It has sizes for kids and for adults. YAY! I want to make a couple of hats for the girls and one for me. I'd forgotten to measure their heads before I left home and seeing as I had mine own head with me to measure whenever I wanted, I started firstly on mine. Here it is half finished.



It's a reversible hat and this fabric will be the other side. I need to start keeping an eye out for some more grown up looking fabrics as I have stuff that's more little girly. It was a bit tricky picking out 2 that were suitable to be stuck on top of my head. Hopefully these will work okay.



No comments:

Post a Comment