Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Chistmas is in the House!

I recieved my table runner from the EB Christmas swap on Friday. Had been out and about for the day and arrived home to a card from the post office. Without even taking the girls out of the car (much to their chagrin) I was off to the post office. Had it unwrapped pretty much immediately and well before I'd made it home again. What better to do at traffic lights than explore a pretty new present like this?

It's REALLY lovely. A beautiful mix of red, gold, cream, and navy. I absolutely love the gold thread through the red fabric and the quality of the sewing is great. Much better than what I sent on so I feel a bit bad for the person that received mine. Although if she stands back and kinda squints she could pretend that the one I made has corners as neatly finished as the one I received.
Well done, Ruth, and thank you! I fell very lucky to own something that has so much care and thoughtfulness infused into it.
I'm nearly done with the decorating around this lovely piece too. Shall throw up some piccies once finished. Just one last finishing touch required. Will hopefully get out to the shops for it tomorrow.

Oh yeah, and I changed the name of my blog. Because, well, because it's my blog and I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment