Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Bagathon

Someone commented on my last post to ask what was next. I said it would be something else for the girls but I changed my mind. I decided to make a couple of bags. My husband was working late last night so I sat down with my beautiful Delilah fabric (from Michael Miller’s Antiquity range) plus another I bought to match it from a local quilt shop (Blueberries) and following a tutorial from The DIY Dish girls, I put together this bag.


bag 2


I was so pleased with it I made another for a friend. She is heading overseas soon and I thought she might be able to take it with her. Will fold down to nothing in her suitcase for the actual trip but when she is away she can take a pretty bag out and about rather than lugging a backpack all the time. She spotted this fabric last time she was at my house and commented on how lovely it was. So, all hers…


helen bag


I also recently made myself this bag but had neglected to photograph it as yet. I made it using pattern I found on the Craft Gossip website. It’s fully reversible so I’ve photographed both sides for you. I really love the fabric and am also rather pleased with how it turned out. It was a bit fiddly getting through all the layers of fabric, interfacing, and fusible fleece whilst going around corners and I pricked myself a gazillion times while I was making it but that may be more to do with my carelessness than anything else because I pricked myself a gazillion times last night too and that one wasn’t so fiddly.



bag 1 - side 1bag 1 - side 2


And lastly, I mentioned a while back that a friend and I were partaking in a mini swap of our own. That being for some bags. So, I used the above same pattern to make one for her.


bag for marina - side 1bag for marina - side 2


And just because she ALWAYS out generous-es me in everything, she made me 2 bags. The first one being like a tote style (complete with accessories) and the second more of a casual beachy bag. I’ve been using it to stuff the girls toys and books in when we head out and about and I need to take some. Both of them very lovely bags with such beautiful craftsmanship. So lovely and neat.


marina bag 1marina bag 2 - side 1marina bag 2 - side 2

No comments:

Post a Comment