Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cuteness All Round

I finished the second pair of PJs on the weekend and last night the girls wore them to bed for the first time. They were very excited, which was nice for mummy after all her hard work to produce them (those collars are quite fiddly - made me feel like I had very fat fingers!). Even this morning when I took her sleeping bag off and re-exposed her new PJs, D was exclaiming in admiration. Here's a pic of them this morning in their new PJs whilst enjoying their "mook".



Nearly finished one of the Christmas dresses at my course last night. Skirt is all gathered and attached to the bodice (pleats weren't that bad actually and everyone seems to think they look fine - yay!). Just needs elastic around the neckline and sleeves and a ribbon around the waist. I had purchased some ribbon already but have decided that I think I would like it to be wider so it'll be back to the shops for some more, which is fine because I need some other supplies as well. My next project, I think, will be some sun hats for all 3 of us so I'll need to get some nice stiff interfacing. I've been looking at patterns on line and found one that is a) nice and b) seems to have sizing for adults as well as kids. Also, at the local Farmer's Markets on the weekend I saw these lovely little overall thingys made from shirred fabric. They were really sweet and I think they'd be quite easy to sew so I want to pick myself up some shirred fabric and give them a go. My stepmother was with me and is very good at sewing so she'll help me sort the pattern out. Oh, and I think I'd like to sew some cute ruffled nappy covers for them because their little nappies poke out the bottom of some of their summer dresses. Okay when they are wearing pretty cloth nappies but when we're out and about with sposies on, it'll look nicer. Have started hunting for patterns for those too. I think I just need to find a pattern for the actual pants and then lookl up some youtube tutorials re making ruffles. Anyway, those ponderings are for when I get that far through my to do list.

Boy oh boy, this sewing thing was like opening a Pandora's Box. Projects are lining themselves up at a rate of knots!

No comments:

Post a Comment