Thursday, November 18, 2010

Tadaaaaaaa...

Christmas Table Runner for the Eb swap is finished. I think I am happy with it. Well, it looks alright from afar anyway. I don't like the fabric as much in real life as I did in the pic on the internet but all bound and finished it looks quite nice. I quilted it on the machine doing a diamond kind of pattern. Didn't always sew as straight as I may have liked. Binding is a tad scary in places. I've never worked with bias binding before. In theory (and in my mind) it would be easy peasy but again, didn't always sew as straight as I would've liked and that affected it. I unpicked parts of it a few times to redo it but have decided to call it a day. It's the back side of it anyway. Again, just don't look too closely and it's fine. Hope my swapee likes it. Posting it 1 Dec. Here is a sneak peak. I'll add some clearer photos later after my swapee has received it. Don't want to completely ruin the surprise.



Finished the first set of PJs on Monday night at my course. The best part is, they fit. YAY! I have never done button holes before. Discovered it's REALLY easy. You do have to be careful to be precise but that's as hard as it gets. Have cut out and started to sew the second pair because we are getting really close to needing them. I have 1 other set of summer PJs but definitely need at least 2. It was roasting last weekend so the other set came out. It's cooled off again now but still, I need to hurry. Will try to get them finished across the weekend and then next week at my course I can go back to working on the Christmas dresses for the girls.




1 comment:

  1. Love it already, can't wait to see it in full! Jammies are super cute too :)

    ReplyDelete