Thursday, November 25, 2010

Progress

A sewing blog without progress photos is really rather boring. So, thougth I'd share a snapshot of where I am up to with the first Christmas dress. I haven't done any more since my class on monday night so this is it with the skirt and lining gathered and joined and then all of that attached to the bodice.
Elastic around sleeves and neckline and sash around waist to come. Need to purchase a new bit of ribbon for the sash around the waist. The colour I got is, I think, perfect (a lovely light purple), but I've decided that I'd like it a bit thicker. I think. At least I'll go and see if there is a thicker version of the colour I want. Hopefully I'll get to finish it off on the weekend sometime. Mostly likely Sunday.
I want to do Santa photos with the girls tomorrow. I have the below batik fabric that I was thinking would make some cute pillowcase dresses. Wonder if I'd have any chance whatsoever of getting some knocked up tonight. They look pretty easy so you wouldn't think they'd take a massive amount of time to sew.

Hmm, but then again I was considering a spot of late night shopping tonight with my sister and I do have these gorgeous skirts my mum bought the girls last year (sorry 'bout the sideways photo. I have rotated it and deleted and re-uploaded a few times but it's just not happening) that they've been waiting to grow into. Mum is coming with us to get the Santa photos so it'd be nice if the girls were wearing her skirts. I'm not a fan of dressing them exactly the same but I can go with tops and shoes in different colours. Yeah, I think I'll do that. The pillowcase dresses can bide (might add that I've been searching for a tutorial that I like the look of and have found this one so when I do get there, I'll follow this).
Oh, and um, Two Little Fairies Fabric may have had a sale on her facebook page on Wednesday night and I may have purchased yet more fabric. But how I could I not? It was sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment